Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Things I Like This Week (Or: My Brain Is Fried and This Is the Best I Can Do Tonight)

  • The aforementioned brioche and Nutella. Our local bakery makes the best brioche, and we don't get it often, but when we do it's a huge treat. P keeps trying to convince me to do weird stuff like turn it into French toast, but I maintain that the only way to eat it is with Nutella. End of story.
  • The Radiolab episode about the War of the Worlds radio program seventy years ago. I had some general idea about what the whole thing was about, but I found it so fascinating that I'm listening to it again. I had absolutely no idea that someone thought it would be fun to try it years later in Quito, Ecuador. People died. Crazy.
  • Listening to Pandora while I'm translating and spending a couple of bucks a day on new music.
  • The prosecco you can get at Costco for $10. I have no idea what it's called. But if you like sparking wine, try it.
  • Eric Herman's The Elephant Song. The boys have been obsessed with it lately, and I can't get it out of my head. "Gotta like frogs, running through a maze for some cheese."
Good night.



No comments: