Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Cool! Cool! Cool!

So, I have a break between jobs this afternoon and finally read the article about the Jennifer Lopez/Marc Anthony twins in that issue of People I’ve been carting around in my purse for a couple of weeks. After everything I read about it in blogland, I had a feeling I wouldn’t enjoy it, and I was right. The fancy strollers! The questions about conception! The gushing about having twins! Everything so hunky-dory! But I read it, because I like to read about twins.

I don’t have much to add, but I do have to say, they lost me from the very beginning of the article with the following quote: “It’ll be 3 in the morning and we’ll be like, ‘Next feeding in 30 minutes! Okay, cool!’” After that, I was unable to take any of it seriously. I feel like I have to preface this with all kinds of disclaimers about how much I loved my babies, even though the beginning was pretty rough, but never, never once did I think, “Cool!” after settling one baby down and realizing the second one was sure to wake up within the half-hour. I thought many things, but never that. In fact, the things I thought were not very nice.

I do sometimes miss the days of tiny, snuggly babies. But I do not miss the sleep deprivation. And the cute, tiny babies been replaced with funny, affectionate toddlers, which is pretty cool.

They’re challenging, too, but at least I’m getting more sleep.

No comments: