Thursday, January 10, 2008

A little break

Today, I have the day to myself. I'm using it to clean, organize, put away laundry, and unpack the bags from our trip. (Yes, we got back two weeks ago. Ahem.) It's unbelievable how much there is to be done, but whenever I'm busy with work, I just let things pile up around me.

Just a few questions/comments:
  • Why is sorting out the boys' clothing such a pain in the ass? I feel like that's all I do. Outgrown/too big/give away/sell/winter/summer/this year/next year. For someone as organizationally challenged as I am, it's totally overwhelming.
  • I just discovered this music site. I like Pandora a lot, but the Latin music keeps me moving. Our local station seems to be all-reggaeton-all-the-time, and I can only take it in small doses.
  • I totally found my SmartTrip card. Yay! I missed it. A lot.
  • Controlling my Internet breaks throughout the day is challenging, but necessary if I want to get anything done. The same goes for when I'm working.
  • While surfing, I found some cool crochet patterns, though. Even though it's still unseasonably warm, it's crocheting season for me. The only thing I've made this year is an orange stole I wore to a wedding. Today I found the most awesome pattern for a baby afghan. There was a deluge of pastels around here when the boys were born, and this is just the opposite. I even have the yarn for it, so I'm going to start tonight.

No comments: